Welcome to We Love You Everton - A Blog made for fans of Everton Football Club
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM - 100% UNOFFICIAL

Friday 13 January 2012

Everton Sign Midfielder Darron Gibson from Manchester United

Everton have completed the signing of Darron Gibson from Manchester United on a four-and-a-half year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Gibson, 24, has moved to Everton to become the club's second signing of the January transfer window.




The Republic of Ireland midfielder said: "I am looking foward to the challenge and it was the right time for me to move on from Manchester United.


"Hopefully I can improve Everton, it's a great club with great fans."

Gibson has a reputation for scoring spectacular goals, netting 10 times in 60 appearances for United.

"I think I'm a goalscoring midfielder and hopefully I can get a few goals," he added.

"I've scored a few long-range shots - I don't think I've scored one inside the box to be honest - and if I score goals it's a bonus for me.

"I'm just looking to do as well as I can for the team."

Gibson, a product of the United youth team, was born in Northern Ireland but opted to play for the Republic and has won 17 caps.

A proposed summer move to Sunderland broke down over personal terms, and he was down the pecking order at United.

He is the Toffees' second signing this month after they brought Landon Donovan back to Goodison Park from LA Galaxy for a short loan spell.

Welcome to We Love You Everton - A Blog made for supporters of Everton Football Club

The Blog is 100% Unofficial. The blog will be updated occasionally but not as often as before due to family and work commitments. Thanks

Official Everton Football Club News

ToffeeWeb News

Liverpool Echo Everton News